Friday, September 08, 2006

Introduction:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hi, my name is Hiram Vrolijk, I'm from Aruba and this is my first blog. I never thought that I'll ever be doing one of these, but I guess it's true; never say never. I'm thinking the theme of my blog will be somewhat like a circus. There will be something to interest everyone, something everyone can relate to and most importantly, something that can manage the readers of this blog to understand my thoughts, my feelings, and the points that I'm trying to get accross.


Now, some details and information about me. I was born on June 12, 1987. Lived my whole life in Aruba. For any of you guys who don't know where Aruba is, it's an island in the Caribbean, off the coast of Venezuela.

Some interests of mine include movies, music, fashion, nightlife, food, and travel. Basically, the media industry. Hobbies of mine also include some of the same things. I like to sit back and watch movies, hang out. I enjoy listening to most kinds of music, I also like to sing. I have done a couple of musical productions which were successful, but I never really kept on going with it, possibly because some other obstacle got in the way. I think I'm going to try it again.

I have also been in the fashion industry for some time now, fashion has been a part of me since I was very young. My mom is a designer and has greatly influenced me. She has her own business, and is doing quite well. I have modeled for many people and companies down in Aruba, and have been very grateful for all the opportunities. I was recently in a modeling competition, "Aruba Model Search," where out of hundreds of teens who participated, I was down to the top 20 at the main event. As this was also a reality show, every week contestants got kicked off. I worked really hard and was also told by countless people that I was a shoe-in for one of the top 5 spots, but unfortunately that was not the case. There has been tons of rumors, controversy, and scandals surrounding the event and its selections, but I choose not to get sucked in by most of them, although I believe most of them to be true. In December of last year, I was also awarded the first ever Teen Fashionista of the Year award by Focus -- a renowned magazine in Aruba.


I am very grateful for all that I have accomplished so far.

My passion in life is to be an influential person in the entertainment industry, whether that be a succesful model or a successful performer. I just hope that my goals in life are reached.

No comments: